AFL-CIO president Liz Shuler on the future of America's labor movement19 Apr, 2022
Liz Shuler is the first woman ever elected president of the AFL-CIO.
She took over a time when the world of work has been turned upside down.
Union organizing is happening in some unexpected places, and sometimes in ways that disrupt the traditional union playbook.
Homecoming for Liz Shuler04 Apr, 2022
LABOR PRESS: You’ve been given such a huge responsibility now, with the death of your friend Rich Trumka [In August she was appointed to serve the remainder of his term.] But the entire time you’ve been involved, labor has been struggling to come back. Do you have a secret plan?
AFL-CIO News Feed
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: SAG-AFTRA Calls for Passage of California’s ‘Let Artists Work’ (LAW) Act -
- Pride Month Profiles: Sarah Crews -
- Pride Month Profiles: Mika Romano -
- Service + Solidarity Spotlight: IUPAT Fights to Organize Immigrant Workers Exploited in the Underground Economy -
- Pride Month Profiles: Rich Ognibene -